Well I officially am finished with Greenpeace. I couldn't meet the targets for signing up people for 3 weeks in a row. I am disappointed. But to look on the bright side of things I'm glad I had that experience. I learnt so much about their operations and their campaigns. In fact on my last day there I got to do listen in on a sharing session on one of the latest actions which was GP boarding a Fronterra vessel which was bringing in PKE (palm kernel expellant). Fronterra is the biggest milk producer in NZ and they are importing a 3rd of the world's PKE which comes primarily from Indonesia and Malaysia. And in these countries gazillion year-old rainforests are being cut down and levelled so that there is land to set up even more palm oil plantations.
Anyway tomorrow I start a fundraising job for another charity called the IHC. IHC = Intellectually Handicapped Community. It's a street position this time and not door-to-door which means I have to stand in a crowded area like on a busy shopping street and accost strangers walking past. Wish me luck.