Gosh, gotta get used to typing 2011 now.
I dropped my camera, had to send it for repairs. Luckily is still under warranty, they're saying I will not have to pay for parts but workmanship. Will make a little noise because they never called me up to keep me updated on the progress of my camera, just went ahead and did whatever. Bit shocked about that, kalau kat Malaysia sure aku dah mengamuk over the phone (kat New Zealand pun buat macam nie? ceh...). Tasha laser jugak to the guy I was speaking to but he countered that by saying the repair men in Palmerston North wanted to charge for parts but luckily for me they (Lacklands Limited) told them not to. Whatever lah, see how it goes...
So I decided to work for Greenpeace (GP from now on). Have actually been planning to do that since I was in Malaysia. No GP in Malaysia (Thai Indo and Phil ada tapi), but I wish there was. Anyway the job is as a door-to-door fundraiser. I don't know if you know but GP does NOT accept any money from governments or corporations. Their funding comes solely from individuals. Can you imagine that? I was really amazed by that fact. By doing so they can remain 100% independent and not in anyone's pocket as they say. So they can go after any and every issue (which they do) and their loyalty can remain absolutely to protecting the environment and not anyone else.
I had an interview at the end of last year, then went out for observation, which is shadowing some experienced fundraisers, on Jan 11 (Tues). Then that Friday (Jan 14) I went for a whole day training at their office, where Simon ran the whole thing. Loved that. I like my colleagues too. Learnt so much about GP campaigns here in New Zealand and around the world (GP exists in 40 countries).
Got to go now, have to get ready and off to walk to work (25 min from where I'm staying). So much walking on the job too so my legs are killing me! But I need it lah, the bedonkedonk (that's a another term for derriere says my cousin) is expanding and I need to get it in control. Later...