Wednesday, October 20, 2010

About this blog

Well I had initially planned this as a trip where I went pretty much off the grid - less being online, stay out of the Facebook, don't read the newspapers so much, or those forwarded emails on what Raja Petra is saying now... just being less connected. Just to prove that hey, you know what, at the end of the day, life just goes on. Without you. The world won't collapse if you just take some time out.

But then I got so much feedback from friends and family who were so happy to hear of my plans. Envious in fact. If I had a ringgit for each time somebody told me, 'Oh, how I wish I could do that', I'd have the money to travel to the Antartic while I'm in New Zealand (alang-alang dah dekat kan...). "You haaave to take pics. Post your pics. And write a blog". Aiyaah... so I end up buying my first ever digital camera. And learning how to use it. Lugging a tripod in my backpack. Figuring out how to manipulate Flickr and Picasa. And writing this blog.